AI and Society Reading Group meets once a month to discuss new and seminal books and articles on digital technologies, focusing on ethical, societal and political challenges of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Our online meetings are open to all. We also have a Slack workspace.
If you would like to join in, please contact me.
Our meetings thus far:
- 2 December, 2021 – AI regulation and realist political theory; article discussed: Attila Gyulai, Anna Ujlaki, “The political AI: A realist account of AI regulation”
- 28 October, 2021 – post-humanism and AI; book discussed: Ignas Kalpokas, “Malleable, Digital, and Posthuman: A Permanently Beta Life” (2021)
- 23 September, 2021 – technological determinism and tech solutionism, reading materials available on Slack
- 24 June, 2021 – a possibility Artificial General Intelligence; book discussed: Erik J. Larson, “The Myth of Artificial Intelligence” (2021)
- 27 May, 2021 – AI and human values; book discussed: Brian Christian, “The Alignment Problem: How Can Machines Learn Human Values?” (2020)